I was nominated by Jackie. I am so thankful to be nominated for this award. You can find her blog here.
She and I recently connected on Twitter and Instagram. I highly recommend you read her blog.
- Why did you start blogging? I began this blog in April 2015 with one post but did not write again until September 2015 when I found myself without a ministry position (a voice to proclaim God’s truth). Over a period of months, I discovered that people connected with my straightforward thoughts about faith and the church. God was using this outlet, and I had no clue what I was doing.
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve written and why? This post is my favorite because it was not only my most viewed, but many people agreed with statements I made. My goal was not to be controversial but helpful. I believe you will agree. Click here.
- Do you have a post that you hesitated hitting publish on? All the ones I hesitated to post are still in my drafts. Some of them are almost as old as the blog itself. I still revisit my drafts to see if God will allow me to proceed with some of these.
- Savory or sweet? Give an example of the perfect snack. Sweet and salty. My wife slips a little salt into most everything she cooks (including sweets). I love it!
- What is your blogging/post schedule? I have none. When God gives me a post, I publish it. Sometimes, I get on inspiration overload.
- What is your favorite social media platform and why? Twitter. Up until the end of last year, I found it very restricting. Now I have some pretty great interactions with people. God has even opened doors and used me to encourage some people along the way.
- Is there anything you wish you knew before you started your blog, besides the tech stuff? Honestly no. I love the fact that I was totally ignorant and God did something beyond my wildest dreams. I know it sounds crazy, but I would not change the journey.
- What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging? Blogging is so much more about the audience than the writer. I love connecting with people through my writing.
- Did your friends and family give you their support when you started your blog? Absolutely! My friends and family continue to cheer me on to this day.
- Have you ever been nominated for and/or won other blogging awards? I have. Sadly, this is the first time I have taken the time to answer the questions. I used to blog on my phone, but it is difficult to post things of this nature. I use my notebook computer now, so it is much easier.
- Are you, so far, proud and satisfied with your blog’s progress? I am satisfied with my blog’s progress, but I don’t want to stop here. So many people need encouragement, and God is still giving me content.
- Shae (Shae’s Days)
- Riley (hopesongblog)
- Heather (Every Small Voice)
- Lily (Retrospective Lily)
- T. R. Noble (Inside Cup)
- Gracie M. (Gracie M.)
- John Eli (John Eli)
- Jonathan (Wandering with a Purpose)
- Patrick (SGM)
- Brandon (Brandon J. Adams)
- Jordan (http://godgoldoftheday.com)
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve written and why?
- How long do you edit or agonize over a post before you press “publish”?
- Writers’ personalities are often different than their writing portrays. How would you describe your personality?
- What is your favorite social media platform and why ?
- If you are willing to share your social media links/handles, what are they?
- What tools do you use to “beef up” your blog?
- What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?
- What advice would you give to a prospective/new blogger?
- Have you ever been nominated for and/or won other blogging awards?
- Are you satisfied with your blog’s progress?